The TMJ, Facial Pain, and Headache Center since 1981
We Provide Relief for TMJ, Facial and Neck Pain, & Headache/Migraines
Orthopedic Physical Therapy Services / Refresh Pilates & Wellness Studio is a family owned and operated outpatient clinic that is committed to providing the most effective treatments with the fastest results. Many people do not know where to turn when they have chronic pain. We are the answer.
We have been treating Temporomandibular Dysfunction (TMJ or TMD), head/neck pain, and migraines/headaches for over 40 years and two generations of therapists.
We are Doctors of Physical Therapy, specifically trained in manual therapy and head, neck, and jaw biomechanics. We provide one-on-one, individualized care during our 45 to 90 minute treatment sessions. Our goals are to reduce pain and restore function as well as provide education for self-treatment and prevention. Together we can improve your health.
We pride ourselves on working closely with the referring dentist or physician to tailor the most beneficial patient-specific treatment.
- TMJ Pain/Dysfunction
- Limited Mouth Opening, Hypermobility or Deviations
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- Whiplash or Injuries from Car Accidents
- Rehabilitation for Head/Neck/Jaw Orthopedic Injuries, Including Sports Injuries and Concussions
- Pain or Muscle Tightness Associated with Teeth Clenching, Bruxism (grinding) or Chronic Tension/Stress
- Muscle Pain from Braces, Orthodontia, or Oral Surgery
- Therapies to Compliment Night Guard/Splint Use
Treatment Techniques Include:
- Modalities such as: Ultrasound, Electric Stimulation, TENS and Low Level Laser Therapy
- Myofascial Release, Trigger Point Release, Craniosacral Therapy, Cupping Massage, Dry Needling
- Therapeutic Exercises, such as the effective Rocabado 6×6 Protocol, Posture Training, and Neck/Core Strengthening
- Home Exercise Prescription, including Relaxation and Diaphragmatic Breathing Techniques
- Pilates, Yoga, Acupuncture, and Massage Therapy On-Site